Search This Blog

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Blekko.com redirect virus. How to get rid of it

This evening my Google Chrome browser was attacked by blekko.com redirection. Instead of a common google.com address bar I suddenly saw this blekko.com/ws, which I surely found very annoying. Personally, I didn't take part in the installation process of this redirecting software. Thus, it appeared on my PC without my consent or approval. I think that this is the way some guys online want to attract traffic to the online information about their goods or serviced. Such goods and serviced are advertised via blekko.com start page, and I believe that this is not a fair way of doing business. Why do I think so? Because the blekko.com redirect doesn't ask for my opinion on such issues and self-installs itself without my approval. So, obviously, I need a correct solution on how to clear my Google Chrome browser from this annoying add-on.


Blekko.com redirect removal guidelines and steps:

  1. In the right-upper corner of Google Crome browser click the button "Customize and control Google Chrome".
  2. Go to "Settings" menu.
  3. Select "Extensions".
  4. You will need to remove (uncheck) all extensions associated with blekko.com redirecting virus (trojan horse). Here is how this extensions looks like when it is enabled:
  5. Uncheck this box as shown at the screen. It should look like this:
  6. Now restart your computer and scan your system with the help of legitimate security application. We recommend you to choose GridinSoft Trojan Killer for these purposes.
  7. Additionally, please follow the guide below that will explain other possible ways how blekko.com redirection problem may be solved.

Removal guide:

http://trojan-killer.com/fix-problem-browser-redirection/

Recommended software for malware removal:

malware removal tool

No comments:

Post a Comment